Resource and Deployment manager
The key responsibilities of this role
· Targeted with driving utilisation of resources in line with company policy and business plan
· Work with business units to build and maintain the capability matrix for the UK business
· Work with the management team, business units, HR and Recruitment to establish the strategy for capability development
· Drive medium and longer term workforce planning of the business unit
· Positively influence the financial management of clients through staffing decisions
· Providing insight to business leadership on forecast financial results and levels of utilisation
· Be actively involved in staffing business development activities
· Contribute to the development of your own technical acumen
· Product manage the resourcing framework / platform
· Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
· Assist in the management and delivery of projects
· Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
· Develop internal relationships in the UK and with Centres of Excellence
· Manage the team by optimising headcount, manage/oversee joiners, leavers and secondments, increasing utilisation and being aware of the impact on employee engagement
· Delivering the manpower and resourcing plan by having a deep understanding of the business unit growth plans and headcount required to support these; balancing these with the needs of the individual
· Conducting regular portfolio reviews to ensure maximum utilisation, fit with the existing and desired skills of individuals, development and fair allocation of work for each individual
· Interpret and analyse management information to provide trends, make connections and spot opportunities to improve profitability
· Share knowledge, best practice and network with your colleagues across the business and Resource Management Function
· Engage and promote the use of key resourcing systems and emerging technologies
Who we’re looking for:
· Deployment and manpower planning with experience of working in a deals based environment
· Experience of managing a business unit where staff are geographically dispersed across the UK
· Experience in managing resource pools which are a mix of on roll and contractors
· Influence and drive the mobility agenda in the business unit
· Look for deployment opportunities and build relationships across all lines of service
· Managing people and their development
· Conflict resolution
· Project management and organisation skills
Knowledge and Skills
· Relationship skills including communicating and influencing
· Developing and sustaining long term relationships with key stakeholders in the business, Resource Management and other operational areas
· Communicate with impact using different communication styles
Strategy and Change Management
· Understand the UK and firm-wide strategy, business and resource management strategy and know how to apply it. Input to the resourcing objectives and vision for the business unit/line of service
· Influencing and creating a vision for change by championing the delivery of change
· Stakeholder management
· Delivering outcomes that build relationships by taking into account the different needs of multiple stakeholders; balancing the needs of individuals and those of the business
· Anticipating and recognising when conflict may occur and work to resolve these through supporting and escalating if required
Commercial Acumen and Financial Management
· Developing and driving solutions to improve profitability of clients and Devoteam
· Using data and Management Information (MI), networking internally and externally to advise the business on resourcing options and solutions that help to drive growth and profitability
Team and Personal Development
· Developing yourself by seeking opportunities that stretch and challenge
· Coaching and developing others in the business by providing quality, real time feedback
· Participating in the recruitment process to ensure that new team members are aligned to the new ways of working
A career in Resourcing and Deployment will provide you with the opportunity to work across the UK business, helping us to be more agile in our market and providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You’ll focus on ensuring that resources of suitable skills and calibre are available for tasks and activities as required as well as managing the education, planning, and skills enhancement associated with resources.
Who are we?
At Devoteam, we deliver innovative technology consulting for business.
As a pure player for Digital Transformation of large organisations across EMEA, our 7,200+ professionals are dedicated to ensuring our clients win their digital battles. With a unique transformation DNA, we connect business and technology.
Present in 18 countries in Europe and the Middle East, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, for our partners and for our employees.
What we do?
Through Scale! Our 2020 strategic 2020 plan, Devoteam is engaged in a value growth strategy based on our pure player position for digital transformation of Large Organisation across EMEA.
To deploy our digital, agile and cloud platform strategies, as well as to respond to the needs of a new generation CIO’s, we have defined portfolio based on 7 offer which will allow us to address any issues our clients might encounter during their digital transformation.